Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Recipe

 Kirt Womack
Rosa Thornley
English 2010
1 October 2013
 Recipe for Dutch oven Zucchini Potatoes
10 Pounds potatoes
4 Yellow onions
1 Large Zucchini
2 Tablespoons Garlic salt
2 Tablespoons season salt
1 Teaspoon Cumin
2 Frozen sausage sticks
1 Can cream of mushroom soup
1 pound grated cheese of your choice
Start by pealing the potatoes and slicing them approximately ¼ thick and place the first half of potatoes in a 12 inch Dutch oven pan. Sprinkle with some of each of the seasonings. Add the Zucchini sliced the same way as the potatoes and ad them to the pan. Spread the mushroom soup over the top of the Zucchini and sprinkle seasoning over the soup. Slice the sausage sticks up in pieces according to your taste and spread them out on top of the soup. Then add the remaining potatoes and seasoning to the pan. Add two cups of water and place the lid on the pan. I personally like to cook these in my oven which I have preheated to 400 degrees. Cook the potatoes for about one hour or until a fork passes through the potatoes easily. I then sprinkle the cheese that has been grated evenly over the contents of the pan. I replace the lid but do not return the pan to the oven as the internal heat is sufficient to melt the cheese.
            It is amazing to taste just how much the Zucchini takes on the flavor of all the ingredients and makes them even moister without being runny. This recipe is a true artifact because I never follow recipes and my children will proclaim that I never make the potatoes the same two times in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment